Lune Valley Hash House Harriers

Wednesday 18th July 2018
Username Password

R*n 350 location

R*n 350 started from the On Inn - Kings Arms, Hale.

Who ran 350? - data up to & including this r*n

Hash HandleHareHoundTotal
Master Baker - Hare13110123
Upperskirt - Hare19220239
Cum Yak Yak58792
No More Cum20121141
Sir Tom Tom104959

Click the header columns to change the sort order


Sunday 11th July 2010 at 11:00am

DaytimeR*n 350 »


We got told that it was going to be a fairly short run, so I didn’t expect myself to be tired by the end of it. When we arrived there were only 4 hashers in the end and we started running. It was hard for me to keep up, because I usually don’t run and this time I had to keep up with my dad. Throughout the run there were loads of checks and at the first one I was lagging behind. I was running and running until I got a bit lost and had to take out my headphones to actually listen to Baldbrick’s horn. We went over a cornfield, an Indian cornfield and then up a bit of a steep hill full of some sort of vegetable. We stopped at the very top to enjoy the view and at that point we discussed out one of the telephone masts was disguised as a large tree. We got over that discussion fairly quickly then ran down the hill (that was the fun part) and over a bridge.

Eventually I found them all at another check, then we all had to “check it out”. My dad went off on his own, paying no attention at all, as he was listening to his very loud music. I kept up with the two other runners and then we started to walk for a bit. We ran for what seemed ages and I got a bit tired and bored of listening to the same music. Blobs of flour passed by and so did some more checks. We finally got to one more check and this time we went separate ways, where Baldbrick followed dad and I was left behind at the check with Sir Tom Tom. I waited for him for a long time and Baldbrick even blew his horn 3 times, but in the end I ran off without him. I got worried after the first 7 minutes as he hadn’t caught up yet, but as I was turning around I saw him run towards me. He told me that he was so far behind, because of the gust of wind that changed direction.

We ran and ran and finally caught up with Baldbrick and my dad. I thought that we had almost finished, but then realised that we hadn’t had a beer-stop yet. I was gutted. There was a point where we found a check and we wondered up and down and around for ages. Dad went one direction and then the two others went the other way. I was left to wait by the check and listen intently to the call of “On-on”. Then a couple of moments later they all came running back with no clue where the next blob of flour would be. Dad asked whether anyone checked over the road and no one said anything. We all ran, slightly tired, over the road and found some flour and a check. It had seemed that, that was the route from before where the Wimps and Rambos point would meet. From then on we went back over the road and back over the small bridge and then found our path. Minutes seemed like forever to me, then after we crossed the “too-grand-a-bridge-for-a-small-stream” we finally got to the beer stop. I was shattered from the first bit and then when I had finally relaxed, was told to set off again. Frankly, I was absolutely knackered with aching legs. I ran along side my dad trying to talk to him and all I got back was a long distant stare onto our route. It was hopeless trying to talk to him when he had his earphones in. We ran and ran and ran and yep. Ran some more. We encountered more checks and blobs of flour and ran up and down fields and along a riverbank.

The fields were long and mainly uphill, my legs were burning with exhaustion and the music was giving me a headache! Finally after all the running we came to a turning where we could stop at the car park. At first, I thought that it wasn’t the right pub and we had more running to do, but then when I turned right… There it was. The car park, I had never been so happy to see my dad’s car parked along with the others. We gathered around the car for the last time of the day and then followed into the pub. The chips were good, but for me the gravy was too watery. So my chip and gravy score rated only a 7.

Cum Yak Yak

Write up by Cum Yak Yak

30th July 2010 at 5:57am